To Our Life House Community,
Life House’s mission is to make travel more meaningful and more accessible, based on the belief that substantial meaning in our lives can be derived from authentic travel experiences and enriched human connection. Our Houses were created to foster these experiences and cultivate these connections. The coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic is making us reconsider how we travel and interact with one another, at least for the time being. With that, we have made the decision to temporarily close some of our houses to ensure the safety, health, and well-being of our employees, guests, and community.
Please find specific details below relating to our current closures, commitment to cleanliness, our adjusted cancellation policies, and how to best enjoy your stay with us if you are traveling with us in the future.
Current Hotel and Restaurant Closures
For anyone that has bookings or events scheduled during our closures, we will be reaching out to you, if we have not already, to discuss next steps.
- Life House, Collins Park: Closed March 23, 2020 - April 22, 2020
- Mama Joon: Closed until April 22, 2020
- Life House, Little Havana: Closed March 23, 2020 - April 22, 2020
- Terras: Closed until April 22, 2020
We will continue to monitor the ongoing situation and will reopen these properties and restaurants as soon as possible. When we do, we will be here waiting to welcome you, your friends, and families with a safe and relaxing stay.
Flexible Cancellation Policy
We know how stressful these times can be and we’d like to help. While we can’t predict policy changes at this time, we have adjusted our cancellation policies to ensure you too can optimize for your health & well-being.
- Existing Reservations: For those guests who have booked non-refundable stays with us, we have adjusted our policies dramatically based on the circumstance. Please simply reply to your booking confirmation email and communicate the reason for your cancellation and we’ll be in touch in short order.
- Guests who booked via an online travel agent (HotelTonight, Tablet, Booking.com, etc.) or other third-party travel professionals, are advised to contact their booking provider for information on their policies.
- New Reservations: We understand that sometimes booking travel plans in the future can relieve some stress and we want to offer you this option without worrying about the consequences. Effective immediately, all new reservations will be entirely refundable when booked on our website and cancelled or changed at least 24 hours prior to your scheduled arrival date.
While our team is regularly deep cleaning bedrooms, lobbies and restaurants, we have significantly amplified this effort. Specific steps that we are taking include:
Cleaning Protocols & Cleaning Products: Our hotels always use cleaning products and protocols which are effective against viruses, and we’ve amplified this effort.
- Guest Rooms: Our Houses use cleaning and disinfecting protocols to clean rooms after guests depart and before the next guest arrives, with particular attention paid to high-touch items including door handles, TV remotes, and bathroom faucets.
- Public Spaces: Our Houses have increased the frequency of cleaning and disinfecting all public spaces, especially our iPads at check-in, room keys, elevator buttons, door handles, public restrooms and of course all dining areas.
- Back of House: In the areas where staff work “behind the scenes,” hotels are increasing the frequency of cleaning and focusing on high-touch areas like staff restrooms, and the linen and housekeeping closets. Hand sanitizers are located throughout back of house locations and sanitizers are refilled and checked regularly.
- Cleaning Products: We are continually working with our suppliers to ensure the use of virus-killing products that are approved by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency.
- Hospital Grade Sanitation Services: We have engaged a local professional cleaning company to provide hospital-level sanitation services, in order to arrange for the regular disinfection of certain high-risk areas.
Staff Health, Safety and Knowledge: The health, safety and knowledge of our staff are essential to an effective cleaning program. Here are some ways we’re supporting them:
- Hygiene & Cleaning: Proper and frequent handwashing is vital to help combat the spread of viruses and our staff are also completing enhanced COVID-19 training.
- Paid Sick Leave: To ensure that our employees are helping and not hurting the effort, we are mandating that all employees who are sick or have been exposed to someone who is sick, report it accordingly and not report to work. In order to support our employees during this time, Life House will be offering paid sick leave to our employees.
If you do choose to stay with us:
While we encourage all guests to follow the CDC’s travel guidelines, we also understand that each person’s individual situation is different. If you do decide to stay with us, we will do our best to keep you safe and healthy during your stay. Below are some travel suggestions and precautions we encourage you to take.
- Use our Mobile App: (download from the Apple Store)
- Practice social distancing and practice book, check-in, use our mobile room keys and interact with staff and guests via our mobile app.
- Instead of waiting at the bar to meet new people, chat them up on your phone and make plans for a month from now. If you can show us you made a new friend with the app, we’ll give each of you a free night stay in the future.
- In-Room Activities:
- Our guest rooms are equipped with Marshall Speakers that are perfect for meditation, a podcast, or an audiobook (please just be mindful of your neighbors).
- Bars & Restaurants:
- We will continue to uphold the high standards of hygiene and food handling safety that keep our guests and staff safe. However, we may determine to close our bars and restaurants temporarily depending on local guidelines and regulations to support the practice of social distancing.
- To the extent we are open we will offer guests complimentary immunity shots.
Internally at Life House, our culture is based on the belief that it is more rewarding to be engaged in solving a complex problem than not to have the problem at all. We are certainly faced with a complex problem and while it is challenging, it is a great opportunity for all of us to learn and grow from. And as such, we’ve rallied together, as we always do, to work towards solving this problem and to continue in our mission to bring meaning to the lives of our guests, our employees, our broader community and beyond.
In good health,
Founder & CEO