Dear Life House Community,
Our mission at Life House has always been to make travel more meaningful and accessible. To us, meaning is found in the authentic experiences and human connections that make up our life stories. Our Houses, first and foremost, were designed to cultivate these connections for travelers and locals alike. The COVID-19 pandemic has made us all reconsider how we travel and interact with one another. In doing so, we have updated our booking policies and operations to ensure the safety, health, and well-being of our employees, guests, and community.
Here we’ve outlined steps we’ve taken in our commitment to cleanliness, plus information on our expected closures, cancellation policies, and of course, how to best enjoy your stay with us.
Staying Updated On Closures
Whether you have a booking or scheduled event with us during our closures, don’t worry, we will be reaching out to you with next steps if we have not already.
- Life House, Collins Park: Closed March 23, 2020 - August 31, 2020
- Mama Joon: Closed until August 31, 2020
- Life House, Little Havana: Closed March 23, 2020 - August 31, 2020
- Terras: Closed until August 31, 2020
We will continue to monitor the ongoing situation and will reopen our Houses and restaurants as soon as possible. When we do, know that we’ll be here waiting to welcome you back into our life.
Staying Flexible With Our Policies
We know how stressful these times can be, and we’d like to help. While we can’t predict policy changes at this time, we have adjusted our cancellation policies to ensure that you too can optimize for your health and well-being.
- Existing Reservations: For those guests who have booked non-refundable stays with us, we have adjusted our policies dramatically based on the circumstance. If you wish to cancel your reservation, simply reply to your booking confirmation email, communicate the reason, and we’ll be in touch in short order.
- If you booked via an online travel agent (HotelTonight, Tablet, Booking.com, etc.) or other third-party travel professionals, we advise you to contact the booking provider for information on their policies.
- New Reservations: We understand that sometimes booking travel plans in the future can relieve stress. Effective immediately, all new reservations will be entirely refundable when booked on our website and cancelled or changed at least 24 hours prior to your scheduled arrival date.
- Visiting Life House, Nantucket: Effective as of August 1, 2020, visitors and returning residents will be subject to the updated COVID-19 travel order issued by the State of Massachusetts on July 24th, 2020. Under the updated travel order, visitors and returning residents must (a) complete the Massachusetts Travel Form before arrival in the state and (b) either quarantine for 14 days or produce a negative COVID-19 test result issued no longer than 72 hours before arrival. These requirements do not apply to visitors and returning residents who qualify under an exemption. At this time, visitors from the following “lower-risk states” qualify for an exemption and will not be required to complete the Massachusetts Travel Form or to comply with the quarantine and testing requirements: Connecticut, Maine, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Rhode Island, and Vermont. For full details regarding the requirements under the Massachusetts Travel Advisory, including information related to exemptions from these requirements, please visit the official Mass.gov website for up-to-date information.
Staying Committed To Cleanliness
While our team is regularly deep cleaning bedrooms, lobbies, and restaurants, we have significantly amplified this effort. Specific steps that we are taking include:
Cleaning Protocols & Cleaning Products: Our Houses always use cleaning products and protocols which are effective against viruses, and we’ve amplified this effort.
- Guest Rooms: Our Houses use cleaning and disinfecting protocols to clean rooms after guests depart and before the next guest arrives, with particular attention paid to high-touch items including door handles, TV remotes, and bathroom faucets. We’ve removed small items like pens, notepads, and glasses to keep you safe. We’re also reducing housekeeping during your stay to upon-guest-request, to cut down on unnecessary room access by others.
- Public Spaces: Our Houses have increased the frequency of cleaning and disinfecting all public spaces, especially our iPads at check-in, room keys, elevator buttons, door handles, public restrooms and of course all dining areas. We’ve also set up hand sanitizer stations in our lobbies.
- Back of House: In the areas where staff work “behind the scenes,” we are increasing the frequency of cleaning and focusing on high-touch areas like staff restrooms, and linen and housekeeping closets. Hand sanitizers are located throughout back of house locations and sanitizers are refilled and checked regularly.
- Cleaning Products: We are continually working with our suppliers to ensure the use of disinfecting products that are approved by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency.
Staff Health, Safety and Knowledge: The health, safety and knowledge of our staff are essential to us. Here are some ways we’re supporting them:
- Hygiene & Cleaning: All staff from managers to housekeeping wear masks and are receiving enhanced COVID-19 training.
- Temperature Checks & Safe Recovery: On a daily basis, we are taking staff temperatures and checking whether they have been in contact with any sick individuals. All unwell staff members will take time off to safely recover.
Staying With Us
While we encourage all travelers to follow the CDC’s travel guidelines, we also understand that each person’s individual situation is different. If you do decide to stay with us, know that we will always do our best to keep you safe and healthy during your stay. Below are some travel suggestions and precautions we encourage you to take.
- Use Our Mobile App:
- Practice social distancing with our contactless booking, check-in, and room access experience all on our mobile app. When you download our app, you can use your phone as your room key, as well as chat with staff and fellow guests.
- In-Room Activities:
- Our guest rooms are equipped with Marshall Speakers that are perfect for practicing meditation and exploring new podcasts or audiobooks.
- Bars & Restaurants:
- We will continue to uphold the high standards of hygiene and food handling safety that keep our guests and staff safe. However, we may decide to close our bars and restaurants temporarily depending on local guidelines and regulations to support the practice of social distancing.
- To the extent we are open we will offer guests a healthy complimentary shot.
Internally at Life House, we believe in working together when faced with tough problems. The COVID-19 pandemic has certainly impacted all of us, as individuals and a collective, in unforeseen ways. And as such, we’ve rallied together, as we always do, to continue in our mission to bring meaning to the lives of our guests, our employees, our traveling community, and beyond.
In good health,